The world is in chaos. The air is thick with tension and the smoke of burned villages. The fearsome Nilfgaardian Empire has struck again, ravaging the hapless Northern Kingdoms. The once mighty who tried to use Geralt are dead or gone. These are uncertain times and no one can say who will rise or fall, who will bring peace to the world and who will bring only misery.
But a force darker and deadlier has appeared. Little do the petty men and women moving their tin-plated armies across the Northern Kingdoms know that their conflict is mere child’s play compared with another otherworldly danger which now looms closer than ever. This brooding danger lusts after one thing: that which matters most to Geralt, that which is dearest to his heart.
Geralt, in the past, has raised and overthrown monarchs, battled legendary monsters and saved the lives of many. Now he embarks on his most personal quest yet, to save his loved ones and protect the world from an ancient threat.
- A Vast Open-World Environment: 30 times bigger than The Witcher 2, the size of the world requires new methods of exploration such as horse riding and sailing.
- A Living World: The open world environment does not consist of set piece scenes the player rushes through, but real ecosystems, with their own life, which can be easily set out of balance by Geralt’s choices. The World becomes an interactive environment that interacts with the player and is dependent on Geralt’s actions in the Northern Kingdoms.
- Player Decisions: Each action will have consequences that change the story and the game world. NPCs, communities, monsters and locations all change, based on player choice.
- Unique atmosphere: The game world has its own unique feel. It is a classic dark fantasy tale that will appeal to fans of all kinds of fantasy stories.
- Non-Linear: The player can resolve quests and main story threads in any order or complete them in a parallel fashion.
- Intuitive and unique combat system: Rooted in traditional RPG systems but updated and improved to provide modern, spectacular and thoroughly gripping entertainment full of dynamic and brutal combat sequences.
- The Witcher Senses system brings new tactical depth to combat: Strike at your opponent’s weak points using Geralt’s knowledge of beasts. In The Witcher 3 the real feel of being a huntsman, who makes a living by tracking down beasts, is brought to a new level.
- An expanded sign casting system: Each of the 5 signs has two totally different modes of use. This creates even more possibilities in combat allowing the player to use magic in creative way.
- Advanced crafting mechanics: Geralt’s options for creating items have been significantly expanded. The effects of crafting have more influence on gameplay.
- Book-Based: A unique, deep, consistent and expansive game world based on Andrzej Sapkowski’s seven book series recreated in the game to provide the ultimate, sophisticated player experience.
THE WITCHER 3: WILD HUNT SCREEN-SHOTS
EXPERT REVIEW FOR THE WITCHER 3: WILD HUNT