Supported Language - English
This content requires the base game Northgard on Steam in order to play.
Sváfnir, the Clan of the Snake is the first DLC for Northgard.
The Clan of the Snake, gathers some of the most roguish vikings to set foot on the continent of Northgard. Led by Signy, the Spear Maiden, the cunning members of the clan have little regard for fame or honour and would rather use guerilla tactics to dominate their enemies than open warfare.
The clan’s warchief is available at the beginning of the game and, while her martial skills are slightly better than a Warrior’s at first, she will grow as seasons go by, becoming more powerful and unlocking new abilities in the process. Her most powerful skill, “Scorched Earth”, can only be unlocked once Signy becomes an adult, and will allow her to burn down a tile, providing attack bonuses to her units and buildings.
The Clan’s unique conception of war translates into specific Knowledge such as “Guerilla Tactics”, giving bonus attack power to the Snake’s warriors when killing civilians, or “Stolen Lore”, allowing players to steal Knowledge from another clan.
With this clan:
- Experience a brand new way of playing Northgard: the Clan of the Snake has no Honor, and thus, cannot win a Fame Victory! But do not underestimate its potential...
- Backstab your opponents, steal their Knowledge, and create new and innovative tactics
- Travel accross Northgard without fear as Signy and her Skirmishers can hide themselves among wild Wolves and Bears!
- Use your Black Markets to bolster your economy without helping your opponents!
- Cripple the other player's economy by using Scorched Earth, Signy's special ability and boost your unit's attack power
Led by Brok and Eitria, two spirited siblings, the Clan of the Horse are a quiet and sturdy people. They are also recognized by all as the best craftsmen and women of the known world.
The clan starts with specific advantages:
- Eitria and Brok are the 2 clan Warchiefs, they can be recruited in the Forge, instead of the usual Military Camps
- Both Warchiefs can fight, mine ore and forge
- Völund's Forge replaces the regular Forge
- Villagers build and repair buildings faster
When reaching fame levels, the Clan of the Horse will gain additionnal tool improvements and the ability to build a second Relic!
The clan also has its own Relic, that will boost the Warchiefs survivability, forge and mining speed!
- Völund's Forge, Eitria and Brok
The regular forge is replaced by Völund's Forge. Upgrading this forge will increase the forging speed by 20%.
Eitria and Brok are the clan of the Horse’s Warchiefs. They can be recruited from Völund's Forge. They are at the center of the Clan mechanics, mainly because they are the only ones able to mine Stone or Iron, and Forge Tools, Weapons and Relics.
To mine a deposit with one of the Warchiefs (or with both), no need to build a mine, just assign them directly to the ore.
The Clan's Lore Tree will allow it to mine and forge more quickly, to gather Lore when mining or to boost it's general production when placing Relics.
Upgrading civilian building will increase its population's happiness and they have access to a third upgrade for their Watch Towers!
In order to activate this game, you will require a third-party 'Steam' account. For full details on how to activate please follow this link: https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=5414-TFBN-1352
Legal Notice / EULA
(C) 2016 Shiro Games. The Shiro Games name and logo and the Northgard name and logo are trademarks of Shiro Games and may be registered trademarks in certain countries. All rights reserved